To create geographers who develop:
- a sense of wonder, curiosity and respect about places, people, cultures and environments throughout the world
- a deep geographical knowledge of their own locality, the UK, Europe and the world
- the ability to think geographically, using geographical concepts
- the capacity to be competent, critical and creative users of geographical inquiry methods and skills
- as informed, responsible and active citizens who can contribute to the development of an environmentally and economically sustainable, and socially just world.
Geography at TGAR promotes core values in enabling students to understand ways in which communities and societies are linked, to appreciate the diversity of people’s backgrounds and promotes tolerance and partnership, both within local and wider communities.