Key Stage 3
All students will study the KS3 National Curriculum throughout year 9. This curriculum has been creatively designed to provide a breadth and depth of learning experiences, ensuring that students are fully equipped with the fundamental skills and cultural capital required to begin their GCSE courses in year 10.
The Core curriculum timetable comprises:
- Eight hours each fortnight of both English and mathematics, reflecting the centrality of literacy and numeracy to children’s success in all subjects.
- Eight hours each fortnight of science, divided into biology, chemistry and physics.
- Four hours each fortnight of PE and a modern foreign language.
- Three hours each fortnight of history, geography and STEPS.
- Two hours each fortnight of art, computing, food and music.
- One hour each fortnight of DT.